Friday, February 18, 2011

Working Mom

I went back to work a year ago... or so I thought. I began seeing private speech and reading clients. I wrote my blog. I created and gave presentations to parents and teachers. But I realized this week that while I was working, I had the luxury to be in and out of the house, to shut my mind off for a bit, to sit for a minute and rest.

Last week, I was offered a fantastic opportunity through one of our local colleges, William Paterson University, serving as a professor in residence. Fortunately, as it gave me no time to decide that it was more than I could handle, the job began this week. Two days a week I will be transitioning a faculty of elementary and middle school teachers to heterogeneous classrooms. This is a fantastic and challenging task. I've spent two days this week with my brain in overdrive. Observing in classrooms, attending team meetings, brainstorming with the administration.

I came home on my first day with my head spinning with thoughts, questions and plans. It is good to be back... And yes, it is good to be seeing other people...

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Bravo! How exciting ... and a big transition. They are lucky to have you.
xox

 
At February 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM , Blogger dlg said...

So glad you decided to take the plunge! It's the perfect next step on your path to finding work you love. Can't wait to hear more...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home